|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Biomedical Technician/ Clinical Engineer
Clinical Engineering Technician III:
The Clinical Engineering Technician (Bio-Medical Technician) provides onsite and remote support for all medical equipment and systems and in person support needs. The Clinical Engineering Technician will take ownership of issues escalated to them and work to resolution utilizing all skills, experience, training, documentation and resources at their disposal. The Clinical Engineering Technician escalates and notifies employees appropriately according to documented standard operating procedures. The Clinical Engineering Technician is responsible for an exemplary customer service experience for all client employees during their interaction with Clinical Engineering. The Clinical Engineering Technician acts as a liaison between the customers and Information Services to resolve any issue that is reported, and will fulfill any project based or new requests that are assigned to them in the documented timelines.
- Minimum of an Associate's degree, preferably in biomedical/clinical engineering or a related engineering, math, science, or technology field of study.
- 5-9 years of experience.
- Ability to fulfill installations, upgrades, testing, and/or support requests for medical devices and related systems - this includes knowledge of best practices.
- Ability to apply medical device and system documentation to a scenario to troubleshoot and resolve a reported issue, as well as determine when new issues arise and escalate them appropriately.
- Ability to communicate and participate in ad-hoc and non-standard requests. Ability to be successful at project management of basic to moderately complex medical device related projects.
- Incorporates proper customer service standards into daily workflow and ensures that all interactions with client employees, both verbal and written, exceed the minimum. Ability to document issues and escalate/notify others according to documented process.
- Ability to adhere to documented process and documentation, but utilize knowledge, experience, and training to resolve issues that are not documented.
- Ability to effectively recommend, document, communicate, implement, and sustain improvements in processes, procedures, and operations that improve the function of a medical device management program.
- Demonstrated support experience and knowledge of electronics, medical device technology and the use of such technology in the course of patient care. Functional knowledge of medical device testing and calibration technologies. Basic knowledge of end use Information Technology
- Minimum of an Associate degree.
- 5 to 9 years of experience.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, healthcare, or financial and billing processes is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.