Business Intelligence Analyst I
|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a direct-hire/full-time opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business Intelligence Analyst will implement solutions that support and drive qualitative and quantitative based decisions, facilitate business process and performance improvement, and support strategy development. They will evaluate process design, systems, workflow, system and process architecture, quality metrics, outcomes, and other environmental factors in order to adjust and optimize analytics and provide decision makers with actionable insights. The Business Intelligence Analyst will deliver reports and analytic applications that present high level performance indicators and allows for flexible exploration and drill down capabilities such that the root conditions driving the applicable performance indicator can be uncovered. The delivered reports and analytics will highlight and forecast costs, risks, and opportunities associated with new and changing business conditions. They will also respond to ad-hoc report requests across multiple business areas and will participate in the development of the Business Intelligence reporting tools.
In this role, the Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for collaborating with business and information services counterparts to derive, present, and communicate findings in a manner that facilitates business performance improvement, strategy development, and the elevation of business intelligence and data competencies throughout the organization.
• Minimum of an Associate's degree, preferably in a math, science, or technology related field of study.
• 0 – 1 years of experience.
• Some knowledge of system development lifecycle methods that support analyzing, developing, and maintaining data storage structures and data warehouse functions.
• Ability to maintain data.
• Ability to communicate with business users to understand, document, and investigate data anomalies.
• Ability to analyze data, monitor systems, identify and escalate problems according to procedure.
• Capable of articulating technical matters to technical and non-technical counterparts in both information services and the business.
• Ability to assist with the implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of business intelligence tools. Ability to maintain the corporate meta-data repository.
• Ability to recommend, document, communicate, implement, and sustain improvements in processes, procedures and operations.
• Ability to learn and support the business intelligence tools and applications environment. Ability to configure business intelligence tools and create reports and report definitions.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, healthcare, or financial and billing processes is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.