Business Systems Programmer/Analyst I
|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Business Systems Programmer/Analyst
The Business Systems Programmer/Analyst is responsible for analyzing current customer operations, including documenting current workflows, identify areas of improvement, collaboratively working with internal customers to identify solutions, writing requirements that support the solution and assessing available technologies to create development specifications. The Business Systems Programmer/Analyst will evaluate the internal technical needs of the organization and recommend solutions, define the system and functional requirements, perform both programming and analysis tasks on internal business systems, and develop and modify internal application, operating, or database systems.
The Business Systems Programmer/Analyst will also provide support - including correcting issues that arise from customer usage, identifying configuration changes required, supporting related systems, creating detailed test cases, contributing to testing and results analysis and documenting all programming and systems changes.
The Business Systems Programmer/Analyst will be involved with integrating systems from multiple vendors to create cohesive value chain solutions for customers and will enhance product life-cycle management.
* Minimum of an Associate's degree.
* 0 - 1 years of experience.
* Basic understanding of systems development life-cycle management. Ability to communicate with customers to resolve issues.
* Some understanding of object-oriented programming principles, SQL, standardized markup languages and customer focused.
* Ability to troubleshoot issues.
* Ability to communicate with internal customers and vendors.
* Ability to implement systems and updates or resolve production issues collaboratively with internal customers and vendors.
* Ability to document, communicate, implement, and sustain improvements in processes, procedures and operations.
* Some familiarity with windows-based applications and technology
Preferred Additional Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Experience with Financial systems, Time and Attendance Systems and Hospital related systems is a plus..
* Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, healthcare, or financial and billing processes is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.