Business Systems Programmer/Analyst III
|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has an full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Business Systems Programmer/Analyst III
Business Systems Programmer/Analyst III:
The Business Systems Programmer/Analyst is responsible for analyzing current customer operations, including documenting current workflows, identify areas of improvement, collaboratively working with internal customers to identify solutions, writing requirements that support the solution and assessing available technologies to create development specifications. The Business Systems Programmer/Analyst will evaluate the internal technical needs of the organization and recommend solutions, define the system and functional requirements, perform both programming and analysis tasks on internal business systems, and develop and modify internal application, operating, or database systems.
The Business Systems Programmer/Analyst will also provide support - including correcting issues that arise from customer usage, identifying configuration changes required, supporting related systems, creating detailed test cases, contributing to testing and results analysis and documenting all programming and systems changes.
Our client is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Business Systems Programmer/Analyst on our Business Systems team. The candidate will work extensively with end users and vendors to design, develop/configure and test the application in areas of integration, data conversion, security and reporting. The candidate will participate in the functional design, configuration and testing of the system as well. The candidate should also have intermediate or 2 or more years of recent experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Java, VBScript (or EMUE proprietary language), and Java Script. Additionally, the candidate should have basic familiarity with some of the following programming languages; SQL, C#, Asp.Net 4.5, HTML, Command Line (batch files), PowerShell, IIS or Python.
- Minimum of an Associate's degree.
- 5 to 9 years of experience.
- Level II plus, basic project management fundamentals, process analysis and optimization. Experience implementing and updating business critical applications. Advanced application or technology experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to collaborate with vendors and customers to troubleshoot issues and identify solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to manage operational effectiveness and implement systems and updates collaboratively with customers and vendor, as well as coordinate schedules and plans for updates to key systems.
- Ability to effectively and independently recommend, document, communicate, implement, and sustain improvements in processes, procedures and operations.
- Experience with windows based applications and technology.
- Minimum of Associate's degree
- 5 to 9 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.