Business Systems Programmer/Analyst Level I
|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Business Systems Programmer Analyst Level I
The Business Systems Programmer/Analyst is responsible for analyzing current customer operations, including documenting current workflows, identify areas of improvement, collaboratively working with internal customers to identify solutions, writing requirements that support the solution and assessing available technologies to create development specifications. The Business Systems Programmer/Analyst will evaluate the internal technical needs of the organization and recommend solutions, define the system and functional requirements, perform both programming and analysis tasks on internal business systems, and develop and modify internal application, operating, or database systems.
The Business Systems Programmer/Analyst will also provide support - including correcting issues that arise from customer usage, identifying configuration changes required, supporting related systems, creating detailed test cases, contributing to testing and results analysis and documenting all programming and systems changes.
The Business Systems Programmer/Analyst will be involved with integrating systems from multiple vendors to create cohesive value chain solutions for customers and will enhance product life-cycle management.
Basic understanding of systems development life-cycle management. Ability to communicate with customers to resolve issues.
Some understanding of object-oriented programming principles, SQL, standardized markup languages and customer focus.
The Business Systems Programmer/Analyst - Level I is expected to help support application implementation and support functions, as well as basic process analysis.
Typical responsibilities include:
* Assist with initial analysis of customer workflows
* Help support the implementation of new or updated applications
* Contribute to project life-cycle management
* This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities
Contact with others
* Primary contact will be internal to Information Services
* Contact with other Albany Med departments will be limited and in support of job specific activities and participates on project teams
* Contact with vendors will be limited to support calls as needed
* Contact with others outside of Albany Med will be limited to job specific forums/organizations for technical collaboration
* Provide on-call, extended weekday and weekend support for on-site and off-site locations, as warranted by critical business requirements
* Maintain confidentiality by using and communicating information only as needed to perform one's duties
* Perform at or above the Information Services performance standards
* Fulfill department requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administration notification during periods of absence (personnel illness, vacation, education, etc.)
* Complete other duties or assignments as designated by management
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.