|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Category Manager
Category Managers play a critical role within the Strategic Supply Management (SSM) department. Reporting directly to one of three Category Management Directors (Services, Materials, and Indirect Spend) this position will assist development of strategies for category management and be responsible for their execution. This position will ensure CLIENT operates in a strategic and goal oriented manner by working directly with Buyers to accomplish.
80% - Category Management & Strategic Sourcing
Category Management & Strategic Sourcing
- Support the Director of Category Management to create value, drive continuous improvement, and report realized savings to CLIENT by using strategic sourcing and category management best practices.
- Support the creation, execution, and communication the category management strategy for pertinent category to leverage CLIENT's purchasing power, improve processes and systems and better manage usage to improve the overall value of purchases goods and services to the Authority and to align to internal business partners' requirements.
- Develop and maintain strategies and initiatives in coordination with the Director of Indirect Spending.
- Manage the sourcing and category management activities within CLIENT's Supply Chain organization.
- Develop and refine Category Playbooks for identifying and pursuing savings opportunities for pertinent category.
- Perform regular and extensive financial reviews to assess category financial performance with Director of Indirect Spending.
- Drive internal compliance with Supply Chain and SSM policies, procedures, strategies, and guidelines on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in providing guidance and support to the organization and introduce new procurement processes and technologies to drive a culture of decision-making based on analysis of internal data and supply market conditions.
- Adhere to the contractual and NY State obligations for Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) goals by including MWBE firms on all appropriate bid opportunities and manage their goal participation and compliance.Contract Management
- Collaborate with Contract Management to develop the ongoing contract management plan for the respective category along with Supplier Relationship Management to support the development of a strong SRM program.
- Negotiate with customers and/or contract representatives regarding contractual/legal matters of significance to the organization.
- Execute corrective action processes and standards to support the remediation of contract terms leakage.Supplier Relationship Management
- Manage and maintain strategic supplier relationships and improve supplier performance.
- Address supplier relationship concerns and issues escalated by direct reports and others as necessary.
- Coordinate with SRM to drive demand planning by supplier and aggregate.Procurement Analytics
- Utilize the Analytics and Compliance COE as a source of information to drive further savings, compliance, and gain insight into the category. Provide accurate and realistic forecasts for the group.
- Apply analytical and strategic thinking skills to develop category sourcing strategies that are aligned to the Authority's business objectives and responsive to the internal and external environment.Transactional Procurement
- Collaborate with Transactional Procurement on buying channel strategy and support procure-to-pay optimization.10% - Support high priority projects that impact SSM function
- Maintain knowledge of other initiatives / projects in the company that may interact with / affect SSM's performance and operations and collaborate with necessary stakeholders.
- Actively work across service line to achieve larger organizational goals.10% - Support SSM resources
- Create an effective work environment by developing and demonstrating a strive toward a common vision, developing and communicating of clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing performance, and maintaining open communications.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and execute strategic business initiatives.
- Highly collaborative team-oriented individual, who has proven ability to build relationships with technical and business resources.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently in a fast paced environment while delivering solid action-oriented results quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Procurement experience with the proven ability to establish category management capabilities to drive compliance, performance, reduce cost, and reduce risk.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify, quantify and effectively leverage data to support business decisions.
- Ability to work cross functionally with a wide range of people to achieve results.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key suppliers.
- Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship, both internally and externally.
- Extensive experience in negotiating technology purchases including software (SaaS, IaaS), hardware, and telecommunication.
- Experience in training and developing key resources – Preferred
- Proven experience implementing corporate wide initiative and programs – Preferred
- Functional skills using Ariba eSourcing, SAP, and other related systems and solutions – Preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Power Utility services and equipment categories and/or supply market – Preferred
- Ability to lead and direct complex work bringing cross-industry best practices and new methods. Recognized as an accomplished thought leader in the following topics :
- Fact Based Negotiation
- Strategic Demand / Supply Planning
- Strategy Formulation / Implementation
- Total Cost of Ownership
- Ability to lead and coach others through a complex work effort in these areas:
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Business Partner Relationship Management
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Regulatory Compliance
- Supplier Diversity
- Supply Chain Sustainability
- Contract Management
- Ability to make improvement recommendations based on knowledge assisting others completing work in:
- Social Economic
- Tactical Sourcing
- Supply Chain Performance Management
- Procurement Transactions Management
- Supply Chain Technology
- Supply Chain Performance Management
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Operations, or similar.
- Advanced degree – Preferred
- CPM/CPSM, CSCP or equivalent certification – Preferred
- 3+ years of leadership/management experience in a procurement organization.
- 5+ years experience within services/indirect/materials categories, particularly in (Category)– Preferred
- 3+ years experience in the Power and Utilities industry or public sector – Preferred
- Office location: White Plains, NY
- Travel requirements: <15%, may travel among sites from time to time, and potentially attend the more critical meetings that may take place at supplier locations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.