|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Cisco Architect
The Cisco Architect is responsible for the research and design of the application solution. They participate in a variety of activities, including: researching emerging technologies, defining requirements, needs assessment, vendor selection and identifying process analysis and improvement opportunities.
The Cisco Architect reviews business plans, strategic direction, and standards for procedures and policies and applies them to application systems architecture and integration of complex systems. This position will work with IT teams and business partners to ensure user requirements are understood and translated to systems solutions that meet or exceed application requirements while optimizing workflow and operational improvements. The Cisco Architect will also bring design standards and best practice methodologies to the application teams and will work closely with technology and security teams to develop and align information technology roadmaps.
The Cisco Architect is responsible for guiding the application teams in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the organization's application environment and providing advanced and/or specialized technical/project management support. The Cisco Architect will develop and sustain an architectural framework for the organization including all aspects of product lifecycle management and methods for effectively delivering on the organization's application portfolio
The Cisco Architect will:
- Participate in the overall design of client's corporate enterprise server, storage, workstation and network environment
- Work closely with client's staff understanding requirements to aid in developing infrastructure designs and infrastructure
- Collaborate with staff, users and senior management on establishing business goals
- Review new and existing IT projects, systems designs and plans
- Conduct research on emerging technologies to support changes in the infrastructure
- Participate in the planning, testing, and plans for hardware/software changes to the environment
- Mentor the Information Systems Technology Architect - Levels I and II in:
- defining requirements
- assessing server, storage, workstation, network and infrastructure sizing;
- analyzing hardware and virtual configurations
- Propose system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations; and obtaining industry certifications
- Oversee and monitor work of Information Systems Technology Architect - Levels I and II.
- Monitor and mentor work of network engineering team members.
Contact with others
- Primary contacts will be internal to Information Services.
- Contact with other client departments will be limited and in support of job specific activities or in the supervision of projects. Potentially lead and/or facilitate conversations with customers on requirements. Be able to present solutions and findings to customers and executives.
- Contact with vendors will be expected in support of problem resolution or future product functionality.
- Contact with others outside the client will consist of engagement in job specific forums/organizations for technical collaboration, and potential collaboration with other health care organizations.
- Adapt to changing work priorities and a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude
- Work independently on projects and ask for support when necessary.
- Provide on-call, extended weekday and weekend support for on-site and off-site locations, as warranted by critical business requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality by using and communicating information only as needed to perform one's duties
- Perform at or above the Information Services performance standards.
- Fulfill department requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administration notification during periods of absence (personnel illness, vacation, education, etc.).
- Perform other duties or assignments as designated by management.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.