|Location:||Schenectady, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has an opportunity with our client in Schenectady, NY for a Content Designer
Our client is seeking an individual that enjoys and excels at designing and sharing software-focused content such as training guides, video tutorials, quick start manuals and release notes. The Content Designer will work closely with Technical team members to create supporting content as software is developed and will be responsible for producing end user training content, assisting with the editing and publication of outward facing client and partner documentation, and assisting with updates to client's content library. The Content Designer will be responsible for quickly learning about client's latest applications and product updates and creating or editing existing content efficiently and on multiple media platforms.
Design and maintain training content which supports and provides information on using client's software applications.
- Create engaging training materials that can be consumed by users with varying levels of software proficiency.
- Create multimedia content including written and visual training materials.
- Write and produce training videos for web and mobile applications.
- Write and publish training guides for web and mobile applications.
- Provide updated content as products become available to end users.
- Design content for all product platforms.
- Align training content to product and device while maintaining design and style used across content.
- Develop alternate content based upon availability across device(s) and use case.
- Work directly with Technology team members to create content accurately reflecting product features and functions for intended use, and with other departments as needed.
- Develop and design live webinar scripts and updates.
- Assist with drafts, edits and applying content style to non-training documentation intended for end user or partner communications.
- Work with the Technology team to understand upcoming updates to products and release timelines, producing training content based on release deadlines.
- Maintain and update client portal, myclient.com.
- Create release notes for new product versions.
- Create internal training materials including documents and videos on new features and products for employee training.
- Create marketing style videos showcasing the value of client products and features.
- Brainstorm, research and suggest new ways of building and presenting engaging and innovative training content.
- Experience with standard software industry terminology used in training guides, tutorials, and documentation.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience with content editing tools including MS Office, Camtasia, etc.
- Degree in English, Communications or other related discipline, or proven industry experience.
- Proficiency in a variety of media technologies and platforms.
- Ability to create content designed for all user abilities across client's available applications. This includes non-technical end users as well as experienced to advanced end users.
- Ability to self-manage, successfully commit to multiple projects with multiple deadlines simultaneously, and quickly adjust to changes in priority and project focus.
- Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.