Director, End User Support
|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Director, End User Support
The Director of Information Services - End Use Support is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, documentation and support of the end-use technical environment. This includes the placement of all of the physical equipment such as desktops, laptops, mobile workstations, and printers and the management of same and related staff within and without a centralized call-center structure. Provide leadership in support and troubleshooting of problems in the end-use environment. They will assist in the assessment of new technologies. Participate in the planning, testing, and plans for hardware/software changes to the environment. They are responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, yearly performance reviews, and the training and professional development of all related staff.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in an engineering, math, science, or technology related field of study.
• 5 to 10 years of experience.
• Operational knowledge and experience managing day-to-day operations of technical environments.
• Operational knowledge of managing a technical call-center function.
• Knowledge and experience as a technical manager in a complex technology environment.
• Knowledge of managing, implementing and troubleshooting complex end-use environments.
• Works independently and has high degree of self-motivation.
• Ability to perform technical analysis of hardware/ software of enterprise class end-use environments.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required. Communicate technical ideas in writing and in group presentations clearly and precisely.
• Ability to develop and maintain client relationships and identify opportunities for extending existing agreements to refresh technology.
• Knowledge of and significant experience implementing Customer Service methodologies and strategies that support the organization.
• Proven ability to provide day to day management for end-use technology and customers.
• Demonstrated history in leading teams to plan, design and implement end-use technologies, including configurations.
• Has the ability to support staff in troubleshooting end-use technology problems.
• Has experience in leading teams in developing and evaluating end-use technology performance criteria and measurement methods.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
Significant experience with any combination of the following:
• End User technologies (e.g., Client, Apple, etc.) and forms (e.g., computers, laptops, phones)
• Back office and office productivity applications
• Healthcare application support
• Technical support call-center technologies
• Microsoft Operating Systems
• Unix/Linux Operating Systems
• Desktop virtualization technologies (e.g., Citrix, VMware)
• Exchange / Outlook
• Microsoft System Center Operation Manager
• Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
• Microsoft System Service Manager
• Active Directory
• Cisco Agent Desktop
• Cisco Call Manager/Unity
• Significant familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, healthcare, or financial and billing processes is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.