Director of Business Developmnt-EV
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Director of Business Development-EV
The Director Business Development - EV helps to provide the strategic direction, establishing and scaling our newly formed electric vehicle (EV) acceleration division. The position is responsible for the identification and development of new business opportunities and energy policy projects in alignment with client's ambitious 2020 strategic plan and NY State's progressive energy policy and targets. This position is responsible for collaborating and building strategic partnerships within client and with key executives in government, private industry, and various non-governmental organizations critical to the investment of up to $250M over the next five years across a variety of EV-related programs (including DCFC rollout, customer fleet conversion, infrastructure implementation and customer marketing).
The Director Business Development - EV will demonstrate strong leadership, entrepreneurial spirit (testing and scaling new products and services) and a passion for creating a cleaner energy/transportation system for all. The successful candidate will also contribute to the development of EV-related policy initiatives in the energy utility industry, provide analysis and recommendations regarding competing businesses, operating and financial models, and both create and deliver presentations for senior leadership as well as industry and public stakeholders.
This position is primarily located in the White Plains Office, with approximately 25% statewide travel.
- Provide senior leadership and help develop programs and strategies for identification and development of business opportunities for client.
- Develop new business and partnership opportunities that implement and accelerate client's EV business strategy; assemble and lead project teams to perform due diligence and analysis of benefits and costs of proposed transactions.
- Pitch projects, lead negotiations and prepare documentation associated with projects and partnerships including but not limited to siting agreements, vendor agreements, co-investors, and marketing.
- Develop market-focused business plans, in line with overall company and State EV strategy, to develop a sustainable pipeline of short, medium and long-term opportunities for the company.
- Maintain working knowledge of Federal and State EV policies, the regulatory process, new market mechanisms/activities that may impact the "EV Acceleration" division's aims.
- Oversee and manage the development of financial projections and models demonstrating the returns and risks for client relating to proposed investments and partnerships.
- Prepare and make presentations to senior management proposing and providing updates on business opportunities.
- Act as a liaison between client management team and project stakeholders for implementation of new projects.
- Primary liaison between client and external stakeholders interested in EV business development opportunities. These include technology providers, finance institutions, regulatory agencies, customers, vehicle manufacturers and other transportation agencies.
- Rapidly evaluate market dynamics/drivers across sectors, manage techno-economic analysis of opportunities and identify associated risks.
- Provide monthly reports on programs/projects and stakeholder activities to the Board of Trustees and the EMC.
- Develop and mentor subordinate team members to improve their capabilities to identify and evaluate business development opportunities.
- Advise internal stakeholders on EV energy policy particularly as it impacts business opportunities for client.
- Manage agile cross-functional team of professionals responsible for delivering on the "EV Acceleration" division goals.
- Participate and speak at industry events, trainings, and conferences as needed.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to execute strategic plan initiatives, and demonstrated capability to collaborate with and develop a team of professionals.
- Strong working knowledge of public-private partnerships, joint ventures, and/or other partnership structures.
- Working knowledge of battery systems, charging infrastructure, renewable power and grid markets.
- Exceptional communication skills including business writing and oral presentation abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaborative teams.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of the energy industry and EV marketplace.
- Ability to create rigorous and succinct business plans and financial projections.
- High degree of motivation, flexibility, and reliability.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues and external organizations from various cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with management of external organizations as well as government officials.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload under time constraints.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with senior management.
- Advanced data analytics and synthesis skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Business Management, Engineering or the equivalent.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in industry application of technology.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with business development and partnership development experience, including closed transactions.
- Minimum of 5 years of financial analysis experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience preferred.
- Experience and relationships with EV technology and service companies, utility management, regulatory agencies, and other industry stakeholders is preferred.Physical Requirements
- Valid NYS driver's license
- Position requires up to 25% travel, primarily within NY State
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.