FMS Systems Tester
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has an opportunity with our client in New York, NY for a FMS Systems Tester
Our client has a vacancy for an FMS Integration/System Tester. The primary role of the Financial Management System (FMS) Integration/System Tester is to test the various work streams, applications or releases that comprise the client's Web-based financial management system (FMS) from a functional perspective. Functional testing encompasses integration, system, regression, and user acceptance testing of the application configuration, application, interface, and integration programs, and batch/reporting jobs. During development and/or after production implementation of a specific work stream/application/release, the Tester will perform the following tasks for a specific set of functionality: 1) analyze requirements, functional designs, technical specifications, and other project artifacts to understand the functionality; 2) write manual and/or automated test cases per the functional requirements; 3) execute manual and/or automated test cases and retests as required; and 4) document and report test results including documenting and reporting defects.
The FMS/3 Integration/System Tester will be assigned to one of three or more test teams responsible for the functional testing of a specific work stream/application/release during development and/or after production implementation. Each tester will develop test outlines and detailed cases and/or execute test cases or retests for a specific set of functionality for the assigned work stream/application/release. In this capacity, the FMS/3 Integration/System Tester will interact with different client and Vendor staff assigned to the FMS/3 Project including business analysts, application architects; developers, configuration management and production support staff.
Under the direct supervision of an FMS Functional Test Lead and per FMS/Project testing standards and guidelines, the FMS Integration/System Tester will perform the following tasks:
* Complete a formal training and ramp-up program developed by the Test Lead for the assigned set of functionality;
* If the application is still in the design phase, work closely with the business analysts to document testable user requirements;
* Attend walkthroughs with functional and technical SMEs to better understand the functional and technical requirements and signs;
* Develop functional test outlines arid detailed test cases per the Test Lead's test plan;
* Determine the appropriate data and system set-up requirements for test execution;
* Design back-end queries for data set-up and verification (082 on the mainframe side and Oracle on the Web-side);
* Identify job flows for mainframe and/or Unix batch/reporting jobs based on technical designs;
* Perform data and system set-up for test execution;
* Execute functional test cases per the Team Lead's test plan and retest as appropriate;
* Update test execution progress in Client ALM tool (as needed);
* Work with technical staff to execute and troubleshoot job flows for functional testing of batch/reporting jobs;
* Document and report on test results;
* Document and report software defects using IBM Rational ClearQuest;
* Assist in training and turning over completed projects to an FMS maintenance team
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1 " above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1 " above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1 ", "2 " or "3 " above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1 " above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
"1 " above.
|* Working knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodologies and practices.|
* Hands-on experience performing system testing for accounting and budgeting functions (e.g., financial management ERP functionality).
* Proficiency running back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on MF and Oracle on the Web-side).
* Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
* Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to plan and manage time based on schedules.
* Problem solving skills.
* Flexibility and willingness to work overtime or weekends in order to meet target dates.
* Extensive experience with hands-on testing (integration, interface, system, regression, and user acceptance testing) for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems. (Advantage ERP package software preferred)
* Extensive experience writing test outlines, detailed test case development from requirements and/or design documents for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems.
* Extensive experience with hands-on testing of complex applications in Mainframe and Web-based environments (e.g., interfaces/ETL's, integration code, middleware, etc.).
* Extensive experience with hands-on testing with industry-standard automated functional test and defect tracking tools (IBM's Rational tools preferred).
* Experience with Financial Management System (FMS/3) (preferred)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.