Information Systems Application Architect III
|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has an full time opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for an Information Systems Application Architect III
The Information Systems Application Architect is responsible for the research and design of the application solution. They participate in a variety of activities, including: researching emerging technologies, defining requirements, needs assessment, vendor selection and identifying process analysis and improvement opportunities.
The Information Systems Application Architect reviews business plans, strategic direction, and standards for procedures and policies and applies them to application systems architecture and integration of complex systems. This position will work with IT teams and business partners to ensure user requirements are understood and translated to systems solutions that meet or exceed application requirements while optimizing workflow and operational improvements. The Information Systems Application Architect will also bring design standards and best practice methodologies to the application teams and will work closely with technology and security teams to develop and align information technology roadmaps.
The Information Systems Application Architect is responsible for guiding the application teams in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the organization's application environment and providing advanced and/or specialized technical/project management support. The Information Systems Application Architect will develop and sustain an architectural framework for the organization including all aspects of product lifecycle management and methods for effectively delivering on the organization's application portfolio roadmap
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- 5 to 9 years of experience.
- Knowledge of systems development, lifecycle management and/or project management fundamentals. Understanding of object oriented programming principles, with a strong customer focus.
- Expert in some related Albany Med applications and business processes. Ability to understand and assist/mentor in meeting organizational goals.
- Small to medium project management experience, including process analysis and optimization.
- Experience implementing and updating business critical applications, with advanced application or technology experience.
- Design-level understanding of various application and technology layered architectures and the necessary cooperation by and between these layers.
- Ability to collaborate with vendors and customers to identify solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to coordinate schedules, plans, etc. for updates to key systems. Ability to lead small to medium implementations, and serve as an institutional subject matter expert in one or more application areas.
- Ability to maintain regular contact with key customers to establish plans for resolution of complex business issues and develop sustainable processes for continuous improvement. Ability to recommend and implement best practices.
- Knowledge in relevant Albany Med applications and technologies.
- Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, healthcare, or financial and billing processes is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.