IT Product Manager
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a IT Product Manager
Product Development Management is a fast-paced environment where innovative thinking is prized. The Senior Product Manager focuses on the delivery of products or computer-based systems including leading and delivering the entire lifecycle from product definition and planning through production and release. Also oversees the modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line. To make the whole process run smoothly and seamlessly, maintains oversight from initiation through to delivery, and liaises with other departments on technical matters.
This role helps to ensure that IT is able to focus on rapid innovation, enabling the business to drive client's transformation to a digital utility.
- Leads the design process of medium complexity digital product deployment plans, working with all functions including the Digital Transformation Office, and other enterprise functions (internal and external Centers of Excellence) to ensure proper business direction and solutions to realize the Digital Utility objectives
- Provides guidance on the techniques and tools to use and achieve product goals on time and on cost, while managing product risk
- Acts as escalation point for key product issues
- Provides input into recommendations for resource allocation across Functional Organizations to achieve product objectives
- Establishes key relationships with internal constituents including the Digital Transformation Office, and other enterprise functions (internal and external Centers of Excellence) to ensure proper business direction and solutions to realize the Digital Utility objectives
- Provide input into the development of product budgets and roadmaps
- Provide input into the rationalization of product portfolios and prioritization of investments to improve efficiency
- Monitor product O&M and Capital spend to ensure planned resources are available to meet product goals
- Develop and plan resource allocation and distribution, including employees, equipment and other resources
- Responsible for identification of IT, business, and electric utility industry trends that may impact product lifecycles
- Knowledge of agile and waterfall product development, DevOps and SDLC methodologies/framework
- Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes
- Ability to analyze the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and be able to recommend solutions for improvement.
- Understanding of business goals and objectives as they relate to customer use cases and solutions
- Able to develop an implementation plan for product development/integration based on business requirements and I.T. strategies.
- Able to balance the long-term ( "big picture ") and short-term implications of individual decisionsAbility to lead cross functional groups to deliver product solutions.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management
- Understanding of the Utility industry
- Understanding of the IT Industry trends and tools as they apply to client business and processes
- Ability to identify and implement practical technical solutions within acceptable business value parameters and cost/benefit determinations
- Ability to understand client's IT technology strategy and, to provide direction to leverage existing technology investment and skill sets.
- Knowledge of IT industry trends including hardware, software (package or development), operating system, middleware, database, data warehouse, security, and network tools as they apply to providing solutions to stated business issues or opportunities.
- Knowledge of application lifecycle development methodology; must be able to manage large product efforts across business units and be able to effectively prioritize multiple product lines within varying deadlines
- Strong decision-making skills; good oral and written communication skills; good negotiation skills to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical and/or business discipline.
- 8+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in the Utility industry.
- Strong knowledge of change management principles.
- Understanding of key cloud and data engineering technologies and emerging trends.
- Strong understanding of operational technology (OT), industry control systems, relevant technologies, their applications and how it interfaces with business systems.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.