Lead Financial Planning Analyst
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Lead Financial Planning Analyst
Assist in the preparation of Revenue Requirement/Cost-of-Service studies essential for client's recovery of the costs of generation and transmission assets used to provide service to our customers. Assist in the development of long-term financial forecasts that are used: to measure client's financial viability; to provide input into the development of strategic plans and aid in the assessment and evaluation of client's enterprise-wide risks. Such activities help identify and provide support for the development of business solutions that allow client to maintain its competitive margin and financial integrity in the ever evolving electric utility marketplace.
- Design, develop and maintain an automated Operating Forecast (OF) and the 10 year Long Range Financial Plan systems that ensure quality reports are delivered to senior management on a timely basis. Identify and implement additional reports to present data in a concise and useful fashion.
- Implement modeling changes to improve accuracy and to keep pace with changing market conditions, client policies and procedures, and current legislation. Test calculations and ensure accuracy of the model. Identify and recommend opportunities to streamline processes or improve computer model systems.
- Prepare the Annual Operating Forecast process in producing client's net income and cash-flow projections. This includes collecting and analyzing the data, updating the financial model, analyzing the results and preparing the reports. This forecast provides the basis for the following year's budget and the data is used in SAP BI.
- Responsible for the financial/economic analyses found within the Preliminary and Final Four Year Budget and Financial Plan for NYS Comptroller's Office. The Four Year budget reports are mandated reporting requirements.
- Prepare the 2801 report sent to the Governor's Office, the State Senate and Assembly and the Office of the State Comptroller. The 2801 Report is a high level summary of client's actual and projected cash flows for the most recent prior year, the present year and the immediate future year.
- Update, on a monthly basis, a revised net income forecast and cash-flow projection, and debt-service coverage margin based on actual data and future trends. Update actuals from SAP in the Operating Forecast. Prepare reports for distribution to management.
- Responsible for the computation of the annual reconciliation calculation of the Hydroelectric Rate Stabilization Reserve ("RSR”). The RSR process is a true-up of the cost differential between the Preference customers projected cost of service for a given year and the costs actually incurred for that year. Responsible for analyzing the subject costs (operating and capital costs) and revenues (UCAP and ancillary services sales), synthesizing and developing RSR report for customer review.
- Prepare Revenue Requirement / Cost-of-Service studies for client's (1) New York City and (2) Westchester Governmental Customers including addressing customer information requests and supporting statutory and contractual requirements associated with any proposed rate action. These studies are updated several times over the course of each year.
- Prepare monthly Cost-of-Service based reports for the NYC Governmental Customers consisting of actual costs from the financial systems and projected costs from the Operating Forecast. Deliver reports to applicable client internal groups.
- Prepare monthly Energy Charge Adjustment calculations in conjunction with client Accounting and Marketing staff for the Westchester Governmental customers and for the NYC Governmental Customers, depending on the annual pricing option selected per the Long Term Agreement. Deliver reports to applicable client internal groups.
- Prepare any analyses required for the preparation of FERC revenue requirement filings needed for cost recovery of Authority's increased costs for maintaining and investing in its transmission assets.
- Participate in the preparation of a market analysis and a cost of service determination for the Flynn combined-cycle plant in order to be ready for the contract negotiations that begin in 2012 and which will cover the operating period 2015-2020.
- Proficient knowledge of economics, finance, accounting, the electric industry and NYISO market required.
- Excellent analytical skills required, including statistical and quantitative analysis and the use of spreadsheets and databases to develop past and future financial trends. Ability to analyze financial, marketing and operational data and make recommendations to establish strategic benchmarks and goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook) required. Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Proactive approach to identify opportunities to improve efficiency of work processes and computer model systems. Willingness to research and learn new areas as the business needs change.
- Ability to organize and prioritize job assignments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to clearly explain and present concepts in multiple areas of expertise to peers and management.
- An overall understanding of client's operations preferred
- Understanding of the utility industry, Public Service Commission (PSC) policies and ruling, and FERC policy preferred.
- Ability to anticipate problems/issues and share them with others as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics or related discipline required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of related analytical business experience with strong understanding of corporate finance and/or government finance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.