Lead Infrastructure Core Services Specialist
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a direct-hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Lead Infrastructure Core Services Specialist
The Lead Infrastructure Core Services (ICS) Specialist will report to the Sr. Manager Infrastructure Core Services and act in a leadership role, helping to supervise Client's data centers and all technologies within. The Lead ICS Specialist will also be responsible for mentoring ICS staff and for the implementation and supervision of ICS project workload, operations and support teams.
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of ICS operations including all Client server types (Windows and Linux), SAN storage, server virtualization technologies including VMWare, backups systems including Commvault.
- Assess and recommend operational efficiency improvements including but not limited to IaaS, Lights Out Data Center solutions, Automation, Cloud and Hybrid cloud solutions
- Continually drive ICS optimization and efficiency and reduction of operational costs, while maintaining elite service levels and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with Client's IT Service Management team to implement and follow ITIL / ITSM service delivery models
- Implement IT policies, procedures and best practices and serve as a lead point for the ICS team.
- Responsible for supervising operation of all infrastructure and ensuring the 24/7 real-time performance of the infrastructure both internally and externally
- Responsible for data center deployments, migrations and consolidation projects
- Recommend layout of current systems and expansion areas within the data center
- Ensure proper distribution of power within the data center facility and equipment racks
- Recommend best practices that can be incorporated into the operational running of all ICS systems
- Maintain an IT operations model that meets the business' strategy, goals, and regulatory requirements
- Assist and support Client sites with their infrastructure design, backup and disaster recovery
- Provide guidance:
- over all areas of Infrastructure architecture and technical design
- with data center operations
- for infrastructure business continuance and disaster recovery
- Maintain disaster recovery procedures and policies
- Provide consultative direction to Senior and junior level ICS staff
- Supervise and coordinate performance of outages, hardware maintenance, software maintenance, etc.
- Investigate and lead staff or teams in the investigation of the most technically complex software and hardware problems related to the production environment and coordinate problem resolution with vendors and in-house personnel
- Lead technical team in support and troubleshooting of ICS systems
- Coordinate workload balancing.
- Assist ICS Manager by leading and mentoring ICS staff members, providing professional leadership that will promote staff growth and development
- Strong knowledge designing and implementing disaster recovery solutions, Microsoft clustering technologies, enterprise storage and SAN solutions, Microsoft Server technologies, Client and Hitachi Blade hardware and network switching, Client server hardware and basic networking capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to design, supervise and implement complex ICS solutions for all ICS technologies.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership success, managing Infrastructure teams and systems
- Strong knowledge of IaaS solutions and related Infrastructure cloud solutions
- Experience implementing ITIL / ITSM service delivery process and procedures
- Excellent organization skills, attention to details and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build successful relationships across a wide range of IT teams, business unit leads and senior management
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate team members to rise to challenging situations and complex projects that require demanding schedules
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to mentor and guide staff members, help in developing each team member's technical and professional skills.
- Ability to work in stressful situations and to remain calm and professional to clearly recommend and provide solutions.
- Solid experience in a ICS systems management role
- Knowledge of service and operation best practices
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with peers and management to identify their requirements and lead the implementation of technology solutions to meet business needs.Required Experience:
- Strong working knowledge and experience supervising, configuring and implementing ICS technologies, with the following specific criteria:
- Minimum 10 years experience in supervising/leading and implementing SAN technologies
- Minimum 3 years experience in supervising/leading and implementing Hitachi VSP SAN, HCP and NAS technologies
- Microsoft Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
- Minimum 10 years experience in implementing and managing Microsoft clustering technologies
- Minimum 10 years experience in implementing and managing the various fiber, cable and power types used in the data center
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing virtualization technologies - VMWare
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing and implementing Brocade FC Core switches
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing, configuring, implementing and troubleshooting Client hardware and Proliant servers
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing Client Blade Systems
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing and configuring CommVault (Sympana) backup system
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing datacenter operation
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Management or a related field preferred
- 15 or more years leading or supervising a technical datacenter infrastructure and or operations team
- 20 or more years experience in the Information Technology field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.