Manager Business Systems Programmer/Analyst II
|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Manager Business Systems Programmer/Analyst II
Manager Business Systems Programmer/Analyst II:
Information Services Manager, Systems Integration.
The Manager of Information Services - Business Systems Programming Analysis will participate in and lead systems integration staff in a variety of activities, including: Working with constituents to define the organizations automated system requirements by analyzing the organization's needs, structure, policies, and business processes; Managing the system development lifecycle; Working closely with constituents to analyze, define, model, and document systems requirements; Researching best practices and recommending solutions that enable an organization to achieve business goals; Supporting the planning process by conducting business needs assessments, performing cost/benefit analyses, aligning business initiatives with automated systems solutions, and proposing solutions for review and approval; Using business requirements and developing specifications to evaluate vendor delivered solutions or, when agreed, to develop solutions internally; Using specifications to create detailed test cases and expected outcomes; Managing the creation of end-user documentation and assure the delivery of training.
When internal application development is required, the Manager of Information Services - Business Systems Programming Analysis will participate in and lead staff who: develop and modify application, operating, or database systems in accordance with agreed design specifications; Coordinate with quality and system performance teams as appropriate to test, debug, and tune application and database software; Ensure that the developed application meets or exceeds all business continuity requirements; Document all programming and systems changes in accordance with application development best practices;
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in a technology related field such as Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Programming, Operations Management.
- 8-11 years of experience, with an emphasis on system development lifecycle, business process analysis, requirements analysis, vendor selection, system development, system performance analysis and management, and system implementation in a complex environment.
- 4+ years staff management experience.
- Experience implementing enterprise solutions for a health system or payer to improve patient care and operational efficiencies.
- Management experience leading large work units or work units that support a broad scope of applications and / or constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the systems development life-cycle process.
- Experience effectively organizing and leading complex problem solving initiatives.
- Knowledge of and experience educating work groups as to programming methodologies, programming languages, programming principles, SQL, web application development, and / or development of advanced programming interfaces and system integration.
- Experience managing an application and / or technology portfolio both operationally and strategically across 3-5 year planning horizons.
- Extensive experience mentoring and leading staff in goal setting and professional development in alignment with business unit and organizational development guidelines and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to triage application and technology issues, assemble key subject matter experts to quickly determine the issue scope and magnitude, concisely communicate the business and technical impact, and resolve the issue through appropriate coordination with customers, staff, vendors, and other counterparts as applicable.
- Ability to foresee and manage risks that could impact scope of work and proactively re-align efforts and priorities minimizing scope change in areas such as alignment to business and IT strategy and principles, budget, staffing, timeline, functional scope, and technical scope.
- Minimum of an Bachelor's degree
- 8 to 11 years of experience
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, healthcare, or financial and billing processes is a plus.
- Experience in a HealthCare environment managing a systems integration team working with standards and technologies including HL7 v2.x, XML and XML schemas, SQL 2008 or higher, data modeling techniques, web services, Cerner OPENLink, Intersystems HealthShare, and the integration of financial and clinical applications from vendors such as Cerner and Allscripts.