Manager Infrastructure Core Services
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a direct-hire/full-time opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Manager of Infrastructure Core Services
The Manager of Infrastructure Core Services (ICS) will manage client's global data centers and all technologies within, and will be responsible for the design and ICS operations and support.
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of ICS operations including all client server types (Windows and Linux), SAN storage, server virtualization technologies including VMWare, backups systems including Commvault Simpana.
- Provide operational support of all Infrastructure Core Platform systems.
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective cloud technology solutions for all aspects of ICS including solutions for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices and serve as an escalation point for the ICS team.
- Responsible for all infrastructure management and ensuring the 24/7 real-time performance of the infrastructure both internally and externally.
- Manage data center deployments, migrations, and consolidation projects.
- Evaluate layout of current systems and expansion areas within the data center.
- Ensure proper distribution of power within the data center facility and equipment racks.
- Manage vendors and contractors to perform work in the data centers.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all items contained within the data center.
- Define best practices that can be incorporated into the operational running of all ICS systems.
- Define / maintain an IT operations model that meets the business' strategy, goals, regulatory requirements and SLA targets.
- Develop escalation paths and procedures.
- Assist and support client sites with their infrastructure design, backup, and disaster recovery.
- Lead and provide guidance:
- over all areas of Infrastructure architecture and technical design.
- with data center operations.
- for infrastructure business continuance and disaster recovery.
- Ensure client ICS systems support team is always up to date with leading edge, innovation, and adaptation of new technologies.
- Administer and maintain disaster recovery procedures and policies.
- Provide consultative direction to senior level IT staff.
- Direct performance of outages, hardware maintenance, software maintenance, etc.
- Investigate and lead staff or teams in the investigation of the most technically complex software and hardware problems related to the production environment and coordinate problem resolution with vendors and in-house personnel.
- Lead technical team in support and troubleshooting of ICS systems.
- Manage employees including performance management, salary administration, succession planning, and workload balancing. Identify and recommend solutions to modify staff to meet client needs, mentor and lead ICS staff members, and provide professional leadership that will promote staff growth and development.
- Strong knowledge designing and implementing disaster recovery solutions, Microsoft clustering technologies, enterprise storage and SAN solutions, Microsoft Server technologies, Hitachi and Client Blade hardware and network switching, Hitachi Content Platforms and solutions, Client server hardware and basic networking capabilities.
- Strong knowledge designing and implementing resilient / highly available ICS solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing cloud based Infrastructure solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, design, and implement complex ICS solutions for all ICS technologies.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to details, and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build successful relationships across a wide range of IT teams, business unit leads, and senior management.
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate team members to rise to challenging situations and complex projects that require demanding schedules.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to mentor and guide staff members, developing each team member's technical and professional skills, and deal with challenging personnel issues demonstrating patience and understanding of all team member personalities.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and to remain calm and professional to clearly manage the trouble situation at hand.
- Solid experience in a ICS systems management role.
- Knowledge of service management best practices.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with business peers and business executives and have the ability to identify their requirements and deliver technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Strong working knowledge and experience managing, configuring, and implementing ICS technologies, with the following specific criteria:
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing and implementing SAN technologies.
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing and implementing Hitachi VSP SAN, HCP and NAS technologies.
- Microsoft Windows servers 2008, 2012, and 2016.
- Minimum 3 years experience designing and managing cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Minimum 10 years experience in designing, implementing and managing Microsoft clustering technologies.
- Minimum 10 years experience in designing, implementing, and managing the various fiber, cable, and power types used in the data center.
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing virtualization technologies - VMWare.
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing and implementing Brocade FC Core switches.
- Minimum 15 years experience in managing, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting Client hardware and Proliant servers.
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing Client Blade Systems.
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing and configuring CommVault (Sympana) backup system.
- Minimum 15 years experience in managing datacenter operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Management, or a related field preferred.
- 15 or more years leading or managing a technical datacenter infrastructure and or operations team.
- 20 or more years experience in the Information Technology field.
- Electric Utility industry experience preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.