Manager Knowledge Management
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a direct-hire/full-time opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Manager Knowledge Management
The Knowledge Management Specialist will promote knowledge sharing throughout the organization's operational business processes and systems by strengthening links between knowledge sharing and information systems and improving integration among information systems to facilitate seamless exchange of information across those systems.
The Knowledge Management Specialist will support the Knowledge Management (KM) program as the liaison between the core KM team, business units, user communities, and the functional IT group. Through collaboration with all KM program stakeholders, the KM will ensure that the needs of the business/organization are met, that users are provided with the appropriate level of technology support, and that corporate IT resources are utilized effectively.
- Facilitate and monitor the use and improvement of common knowledge management processes and approaches across the organization.
- Work with business leaders, KM stakeholders, and KM agents to identify areas of opportunity and gaps in knowledge flow.
- Create recommendations on design, implementation, and enhancement of core KM approaches used to
- support critical knowledge flow within and across the business and knowledge domains.
- Independently monitor and evaluate knowledge management programs, including external benchmarking and evaluation programs/opportunities.
- Assist in the development of recommendations for KM programs based on IT environment and business requirements. Understand and document business needs and technical requirements, develop RFI/RFQ/RFP's, meet with potential vendors, and produce and present feasible solution options and recommendations.
- Support KM team in identifying, mapping, and analyzing operational processes and providing feedback and recommendations for streamlining.
- Disseminate information about the organization's KM program, including events; designing communications on knowledge sharing across the organization; participating in orientation and training sessions; and preparing communications media (i.e., presentations).
- Support the Manger, Knowledge Management in promoting the knowledge initiative to form business unit partnerships with mutual responsibility, coordinating activities, and communications across CLIENT.
- Utilize and understand all aspects of project lifecycle from project initiation, functional requirements definition, technical design, solution selection, development or purchase, and implementation.
- Assist in the identification of project requirements including objectives, scope of work, deliverables, time and cost.
- Implement solutions via project management methodology.
- Assist with developing resource and department budgetary requirements for individual projects.
- Ensure overall project quality and timely completion of deliverables.
- Provide accurate and timely project status reporting including weekly and/or monthly status.
- Plan and support implementation and integration of new technologies. Provide technical guidance to project team areas as appropriate.
- In absence of the Manager Knowledge Management, supervise the KM team.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to staff members for employee development.
- Provide input on staffing levels and requirements for regular, temporary and contractor services.
- Experience in applying or supporting knowledge management tools in effecting culture, organizational behavior, and business processes.
- Project management and implementation experience that includes use of contract resources, vendor engagements, budgets, and managing deadlines.
- Ability to provide timely resource requirement plan(s).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate project team dialog and communication through writing and presentations to gain support and acceptance of all stakeholders.
- Creative and self-motivated with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good appreciation of Business Unit needs both at the operational and strategic level.
- Experience utilizing various techniques for eliciting business requirements such as surveys, interviews, and workshops. Good analytical skills for interpreting survey results and collected information.
- Must be aware of technology trends that may impact CLIENT's technology roadmap going forward. Ability to foresee opportunities for CLIENT to capitalize on existing and emerging technology investments to further CLIENT's goals.
- In depth understanding of content management and content strategy principles. Experience with content management and collaboration software systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Information/Library Science or related field.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years quality experience including knowledge management, budget, and supervisory experience.
- Minimum 4 years of project management experience.
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.