Manager, Market & Customer Analytics
|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Manager, Market & Customer Analytics
The Manager, Market & Customer Analytics is responsible for the control, oversight and maintenance of services required for supporting the data & analytic needs of the sales/marketing and customer engagement functions for all lines of business. The Manager, Market & Customer Analytics is a key leadership role providing technical contributions and strategic direction. Specifically, the incumbent is expected to contribute as a senior technical contributor and is a recognized expert in applying data scientific methods to develop descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive models. The incumbent will provide innovative yet pragmatic solutions using data analytics to drive actionable insight to business problems. Additionally, the incumbent will have the business experience and maturity to lead, guide, mentor, and develop data scientists and data engineers. Those services include but are not limited to: market segment and group specific utilization reporting/models, product analytics, support for proposal development and RFP responses, customer engagement and experience analysis.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred. Graduate degree or equivalent experience in computer science, marketing, business management, economics, statistics and/or similar quantitative fields preferred
- Minimum of 7 years' of relevant experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in market and/or consumer analysis, data analytics required.
- Prior management or team lead experience required.
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing and analyzing health-related data and making program recommendations based on that data is required.
- Experience and knowledge of health care claims data is preferred.
- Experience with Python and/or R is required. Experience with SAS or similar modeling tool is preferred.
- Experience working with Tableau or similar reporting/data visualization tool is required.
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Pig, HBase is required.
- Experience working with Amazon's AWS big data services like EMR, Redshift, EC2 is preferred.
- Experience in using machine learning and predictive modeling techniques is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and strong analytical skills required.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong skills in MS Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to understand and analyze complex business problems and apply cost effective solutions required.
- Strong staff development, leadership and coaching skills required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.