Manager of Directory Services
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a direct-hire/full-time opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Manager of Directory Services
The Manager of Directory Services (ICS) will manage client's Infrastructure Core Applications, and will be responsible for the design, implementation and operational support of all Infrastructure Core Applications.
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement solutions and strategic direction for Infrastructure Core Application systems, including but not limited to: Active Directory, MS SCCM, Anti-Virus Solutions, Enterprise Email Services (Exchange and Office 365), DNS and DHCP Services, Remote Access Services i.e.Citrix and Workspace One, Authentication Services such as RSA SecurID, Password Manager, ADFS, SSO, IDP, and more.
- Provide operational support of all Infrastructure Core Application systems.
- Define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices and serve as an escalation point for the Directory Services team.
- Responsible collaborating with the NOC team to identify Infrastructure Core applications monitoring requirements, ensuring the 24/7 real-time performance of the infrastructure both internally and externally.
- Manage Infrastructure Core application deployments, migrations and consolidation projects.
- Define best practices that can be incorporated into the operational running of all Infrastructure Core application systems.
- Define / maintain an IT operations model that meets the business' strategy, goals, and regulatory requirements and SLA targets.
- Develop escalation paths and procedures for ICA team.
- Lead and provide guidance over all areas of Infrastructure Core application architecture and technical design.
- for infrastructure core application business continuance and disaster recovery.
- Ensure Directory Services team is always up date with leading edge, innovation and adaptation of new technologies.
- Provide consultative direction to senior level IT staff.
- Investigate and lead staff or teams in the investigation of the most technically complex software and hardware problems related to the production environment and coordinate problem resolution with vendors and in-house personnel.
- Lead technical team in support and troubleshooting of ICS systems.
- Manage employees including performance management, salary administration, succession planning and workload balancing.
- Identify and recommend solutions to modify staff to meet client needs; mentor and lead ICS staff members and provide professional leadership that will promote staff growth and development.
- Strong knowledge designing and implementing disaster recovery solutions, Microsoft clustering technologies, enterprise storage and SAN solutions, Microsoft Server technologies, Client Blade hardware and network switching, Client server hardware and basic networking capabilities.
- Strong knowledge designing and implementing resilient / Highly available ICA solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage, design and implement complex ICA technologies.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to details and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build successful relationships across a wide range of IT teams, business unit leads and senior management
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate team members to rise to challenging situations and complex projects that require demanding schedules
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to mentor and guide staff members, developing each team member's technical and professional skills, and deal with challenging personnel issues demonstrating patience and understanding of all team member personalities
- Ability to handle stressful situations and to remain calm and professional to clearly manage the trouble situation at hand
- Solid experience in a ICS systems management role
- Knowledge of service management best practices
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with business peers and business executives and have the ability to identify their requirements and deliver technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Strong working knowledge and experience managing, configuring and implementing ICS technologies, with the following specific criteria:
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing and implementing Active Directory solutions
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing and implementing enterprise email systems including MS Exchange
- Minimum 10 years experience in designing, implementing and managing Microsoft clustering technologies
- Minimum 3 years experience in designing, implementing and managing ADFS and SSO solutions
- Preferred - 5 years experience in managing virtualization technologies - VMWare
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Management or a related field preferred
- Required - 10 or more years leading or managing a technical infrastructure and or operations team
- Preferred - 20 or more years experience in the Information Technology field
- Electric Utility industry experience preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.