Manager Service Desk
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Manager Service Desk
The primary role of the Manager Service Desk is providing first level support through taking calls and handling the resulting incidents or Service Requests, using the incident management and request fulfillment processes, in line with Service Desk objectives. These responsibilities include overseeing timely delivery of quality technical support service to clients. End User Support duties include answering telephones, communicating with clients, diagnosing hardware and software malfunctions, troubleshooting problems, replacing hardware and installing new software on clients' workstations.
- Maintain vacancy and recruitment plans and oversee the teams' recruitment process.
- Develop and plan resource allocation and distribution, including employees, equipment, and other resources.
- Advise senior IT management on a variety of financial, operational, and human resources issues.
- Ability to define client's IT technology strategy and, to provide direction to leverage existing technology investment and skill sets.
- Ability to provide direction for IT technology and administration.
- Assists staff in Corporate Office and remote locations with technical support of Desktop Computers, Hardware, Software Applications, Operating Systems and Wireless devices.
- Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support on a 7x24 basis.
- Manages the Help Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Facilitate deployment of laptops corporate wide: Purchase, configure, deploy, support/train users, resolve connectivity issues, refurbish hardware as needed.
- Manage inventory, configure and support wireless devices giving customer "out-of-the-office” ability to communicate with the organization.
- Ensure Desktop computers connect seamlessly with systems including file servers, email servers, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Maintain inventory of installed software & hardware, manage software licensing and create policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Configure, support Apple Desktop computers corporate-wide. When applicable solicit help from 3rd party vendors to resolve support issues.
- Prepare and analyze detailed specifications from which major upgrades, system enhancements, and new project development requirements will be implemented. Consider hardware & software requirements, connectivity issues, change management procedures, and schedule and resource requirements.
- Work with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensure that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
- Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Perform research, testing, and documentation on new or existing technology when needed.
- Maintain database of carrier provisioning, new/exchange orders and problem/resolution reporting; maintain monthly metrics by device for each client location.
- Manage SDE Database with updates of new or existing hardware or software.
- Train and orient new staff members in all aspects of Desktop Support operations (hardware and software).
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of Desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Support client Help Desk staff in a level 2 capacity to resolve problems and requests received by users.
- Remain cognizant of evolving trends in information technology, and business environments in order to make informed decisions in technology and support issues.
- Remain aware of the needs of end users at the Desktop level, and of end user application systems.
- Diagnose failures and take appropriate action in a timely fashion and according to prescribed procedures.
- Maintain hardware and software standards amongst the user community.
- Daily review of incident, request, and project workload to ensure staff is meeting target SLA's, ensuring timely resolution of related tasks.
- Maintain end user relationships to provide high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Strong knowledge of data processing industry, business environments, applications, concepts and methods, and of available software, computer equipment and their regulations, structure, techniques and management practices in an open system, multi-vendor environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with end-users at their level of understanding.
- Excellent analytical skills and practical network and system debugging experience.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize own work and in support of the Call Center.
- Ability to work with site and corporate personnel at all levels on requirements and project development.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or related technical or business discipline.
- Minimum 8 years quality experience (or a minimum of 13 years of directly related experience for non-degree holders) including at least 5 years in a desktop support environment.
- Experience in Desktop Software & Hardware, Apple Hardware & Software.
- Experience in all phases of multi-user Computer Systems, Programming and Network Architecture.
- Experience in deployment of Wireless devices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.