Manager Transmission Revenue Requirement & Pricing Analysis
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Manager, Transmission Revenue Requirement & Pricing Analysis
The Manager, Transmission Revenue Requirement & Pricing Analysis, is responsible for client's transmission Cost of Service processes and pricing analysis. client has transitioned from a "stated rate" to a "formula rate" cost recovery for our transmission rate filings, and the Manager will be responsible for managing the associated processes . The incumbent will provide hands-on leadership to the analysts on the team and is also expected to be the face of the transmission revenue requirement and cost recovery function, representing the group in cross-functional internal and external groups and meetings, as well as supporting senior management's decision making in regards to financial aspects aspects associated with the client's transmission industry.
- Oversee staff and manage the transmission Cost of Service ( "COS") process.
- Collect data from other groups within client which are inputs to the COS formula.
- Responsible for development, enumeration, maintenance and update of procedure manuals concerning the development of the Annual Transmission Revenue Requirement ( "ATRR"). Procedures will outline data flows, personnel required for functions, interactions of various groups within client needed to take place, timeline of events and actions, and where products will be stored; where they need to be filed and what their use and importance is.
- Ensure that client's ATRR update contains accurate and defendable information.
- Responsibility for all timely regulatory filings.
- Prepare all requested ad hoc financial analysis requested by senior management.
- Represent the Transmission Revenue Requirements group thought client.
- Understanding of utility regulations, Public Service Commission (PSC) policies and rulings, and FERC policy required.
- Working knowledge of transmission rate making concepts is required.
- Specific work with filing stated rate or formula rate cases before FERC, the PSC or another regulatory bodies for transmission rate cases is highly desirable.
- Ability to understand and summarize contracts, legal rulings and government regulations is required.
- Detail-oriented and organized with superior analytical abilities
- Ability to analyze financial, marketing and operational data and integrate into financial models.
- Ability to develop a financial model from scratch, or to modify an existing one for variations in methodology, power programs, or any other changes affecting client.
- Knowledgeable of clients policies practices and procedures.
- Understanding of client's business model, financial processes and customers preferred.
- Ability to proactively address concerns or issues and work independently.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills. Highly competent writing skills with ability to summarize complicated matters for a variety of audiences is required.
- Capable of handling highly confidential information discretely and responsibly.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle significant work load and fast paced environment with multiple projects, timelines and due dates is required.
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize tasks and anticipate needs.
- Self-motivated and with the capability of independent decision-making and able to take in information, make decisions and provide guidance and feedback to others regarding next steps.
- Capable of integrating complex interactions among all business units within client.
- Ability to quickly pick-up on complex technical issues as well as political and interpersonal issues.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tasks and work in teams.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a business relative field is required.
- MBA or a Graduate Degree in Finance or another business relative field is preferred.
- Rate making/Cost of Service experience is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of finance experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of management/supervisory experience or team lead experience is required.
- Energy/utility industry experience is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.