Network Architect-Network Services
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a direct-hire/full-time opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Network Architect-Network Services
The Network Services Team is responsible for building, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting client's corporate Wide and Local Area networks. This team also manages client's legacy telephony, VoIP, Unified Communications and Videoconferencing Systems, and provides support to White Plains and all client sites for these solutions. The Network Architect will be a major contributor to the overall design and technical vision for network infrastructure impacting all of the client. Participates in the planning, design installation, maintenance, management, and coordination of the Wide Area and Local Area networks infrastructure. The ideal candidate for this position is a Technical Engineer with expert knowledge and experience in the area of local and wide area networking design, implementation, and administration. The engineer will be responsible to deliver network-engineering solutions for a highly available network, video conferencing and Voice Over IP (VoIP) infrastructures. The individual will have a proven record of engineering and implementation of large-scale enterprise network infrastructure, a strong sense of commitment, be highly business oriented and skilled at delivering robust network solutions.
- Provides technical expertise at the highest level.
- Responsible for high and low level network planning, design and optimization.
- Develop strategies and directions for network solutions using current and emerging technologies.
- Develop, implement, and enforce corporate policies, standards, and guidelines that are aligned with the company's strategic business objectives as they pertain to the Corporate Network.
- Translate business requirements into network or process designs.
- Plan and recommend network hardware, systems management software and architecture.
- Builds, configures, and maintains network switches, routers, load balancers and various voice appliances.
- Monitors network performance, ensures capacity planning is performed and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques to ensure the network infrastructure attains maximum performance, security and availability.
- Must ensure that the network environment maintains appropriate recovery, and redundancy issues are addressed.
- Is able to appropriately prioritize network faults, then diagnose and resolve problems in the shortest possible time all while under pressure from the various other impacted business groups.
- Provide design, implementation, and operational support for the client Cisco VoIP telephony systems.
- Coordinate with sites to provide technician training for new hardware.
- Is responsible for the daily monitoring and management of IP network appliances.
- Develops and follows procedures to handle network fault events.
- Perform system-wide/cross functional team management.
- Plan and manage small to large scale projects.
- Maintain all documentation regarding network infrastructure.
- Responsible for solving highly technical and complex network related issues.
- Provide work leadership and training to lower level network engineers.
- Act as a mentor to less senior employees.
- Competent in networks, firewalls, routers, load balancers, Microsoft Windows, and Linux Operating System environments.
- Good knowledge of Cisco CUCM and VoIP administration and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of F5 LTM Load Balancer administration and maintenance.
- Expert knowledge in design and implementation of highly complex networks.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco IOS, Nexus OS, Cisco switches, and routers.
- Expert knowledge of WANs, LANs, Internet, Intranets, and protocols.
- Expert knowledge of network standards and best practices found throughout both the public and private sectors.
- Must be able to understand the risks of network maintenance outages, and the consequences of such action.
- Must keep abreast of technological changes in the network and videoconferencing arena, and stay technically focused while being challenged with staffing and personnel related issues.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in a computer science, engineering, or related technical or business discipline.
- Minimum 10 years quality technical experience (or a minimum of 15 years of directly related experience for non-degree holders).
- Industry training and certifications directly correlating with NYPAs infrastructure (i.e., Cisco Certified Network Professional, Cisco Certified Design Professional, etc.).
Lift 50lbs. to install closet switches.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.