Radiology Engineer Technician III
|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Radiology Engineeing Technician III
The Radiology Engineering Technician provides onsite and remote support for all radiographic equipment and systems and in person support needs. The Radiology Engineering Technician will take ownership of issues escalated to them and work to resolution utilizing all skills, experience, training, documentation and resources at their disposal. The Radiology Engineering Technician escalates and notifies employees appropriately according to documented standard operating procedures. The Radiology Engineering Technician is responsible for an exemplary customer service experience for all Albany Med employees during their interaction with Radiology Engineering. The Radiology Engineering Technician acts as a liaison between the customers and Information Services to resolve any issue that is reported and will fulfill any project based or new requests that are assigned to them in the documented timelines.
* Minimum of an Associate's degree, preferably in biomedical/Radiology Engineering or a related engineering, math, science, or technology field of study.
* 5 to 9 years of experience.
* Ability to fulfill installations, upgrades, testing, and/or support requests for radiographic devices and related systems - this includes knowledge of best practices.
* Ability to apply radiographic device and system documentation to a scenario to troubleshoot and resolve a reported issue, as well as determine when new issues arise and escalate them appropriately. Ability to communicate and participate in ad-hoc and non-standard requests.
* Ability to be successful at project management of basic to moderately complex radiographic device related projects.
* Incorporates proper customer service standards into daily workflow and ensures that all interactions with Albany Med employees, both verbal and written, exceed the minimum. Ability to document issues and escalate/notify others according to documented process.
* Ability to adhere to documented process and documentation, but utilize knowledge, experience, and training to resolve issues that are not documented.
* Ability to effectively recommend, document, communicate, implement, and sustain improvements in processes, procedures, and operations that improve the function of a radiographic device management program.
* Demonstrated support experience and knowledge of electronics, radiographic device technology and the use of such technology in the course of patient care. Functional knowledge of radiographic device testing and calibration technologies. Basic knowledge of end use Information Technology.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical and radiographic terminology, healthcare, or financial and billing processes is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.