Research and Development Software Engineer
|Location:||Schenectady, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a direct-hire opportunity with our client in Schenectady, NY for a Research and Development Software Engineer
Are you creative, excited by emerging technologies and exploring new ideas on multiple platforms? This unique role requires you to write, test and deploy code quickly! You must be flexible and self-guided - with an ability and willingness to change course, design or technology as needed as this position does not follow the standard SDLC. In this position you will be asked to "see what's possible" while creating proof of concepts and demos.
You will report directly to the Director of Software Development, while working closely with a number of different teams and people exploring new ideas. This role provides the opportunity to research new technologies or solutions along with the new products.
- Create demo applications and proof of concepts
- Research and test out new development techniques
- Apply full stack knowledge and skills to projects with the ability to code front and back end using wireframe designs/notes/whiteboard ideas
- Brainstorm, generate and propose new ideas, both functional and technical, related to software development, as well as products and features
- Research, learn and implement new or unfamiliar technologies wherever needed
- Investigate and provide proposals for new technologies to be utilized in released code
- Work directly with multiple departments and senior management on the latest projects for use in demos, proof of concepts and more
- Make suggestions on best practices for UI, application and database
- Work with all platforms including browser and mobile devices
- Present ideas and project progress to team members and leadership
- Make recommendations on the future technology stack used by development team
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3years' experience in software development
- Experience with multiple client and server-side technologies
- Strong collaborative and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and a team player
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.