Senior Business Development Representative
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a direct hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Senior Business Development Representative
New York City Agencies
Are you passionate about Renewable Energy and customer solutions selling? Would you like to have a significant impact in transforming NYPA's largest customer segment? Join the Energy (R)evolution here at The New York Power Authority (NYPA) and help us build energy solutions value for our customers.
The Senior Business Development Representative - is responsible for the implementation and follow-up on assigned business development leads, developing and maintaining relationships with regional stakeholders, developing and presenting proposals to customers, securing customer commitments and execution of assigned program sales. This position is accountable to secure customer commitments in support of the client's goals in a particular region as well as work in a team-based business development environment. This position is also accountable to implement and achieve specific client program goals in support of the client's strategic customer initiative.
As a Senior Business Development Representative, you will also be responsible for cultivating public customer relationships, leads and sales for all the client's offerings in New York City. This position will require to attend frequent meeting in New York City as required to follow up directly at the customer's location.
- With direction from the Director Business Development provide energy solutions guidance to customers relative to business development activities.
- Meet or exceed assigned business development target level performance relative to client's goals.
- Promote all client products/services and secure customer commitments for all client programs in an assigned region.
- Assist in the implementation, and business development execution, of a specific client program or service.
- Provide input to ensure the program is tracking towards achieving overall program goals.
- Timely and attentive follow up to assigned leads in CRM. This includes updating status to pipeline proposal and signed contracts as well as recording all customer correspondence relative to that project or program lead.
- Offers input and recommendations towards program design and implementation, program challenges and other information that will support program implementation and execution.
- Reports trends regarding problems and issues arising from internal client and external customer policies, practices, and procedures.
- Communicate customer feedback and market needs with marketing colleagues as input to the market development process.
- Knowledge of products, solutions and energy delivery, ownership models to communicate pricing, cost savings and other pertinent details to the customer.
- Conduct analysis of customers current projected electrical usage and financial ROI
- Ability to articulate the customer's point of view and suggest changes to client's interaction and customer follow up processes keeping in mind the appropriate balance between customer needs and client's ability to deliver.
- Understand and protect client's policies and programs.
- Strong ability to deliver engaging, informative, well organized presentations is required.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to proactively understand customer needs, and to provide solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders is required.
- Knowledge of energy services, building energy efficiency, renewables technology, and utility energy efficiency programs is required.
- Ability to maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the impact to current and future customer needs as well as client program delivery.
- Knowledge of project financing models including cash flow, ROI, and IRR.
- Ability to work well in a team based business development function with other Program Managers in the group.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to learn new systems and technologies is required.
- Strong analytic skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Ability to learn and effectively utilize Microsoft CRM is required.
- Strong knowledge of customer needs assessment and solutions selling is required.
- Strong knowledge of government entities is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of energy management systems and energy services markets is required.
- Knowledge of program evaluation skills is preferred.
- Ability to anticipate and constructively resolve conflicts, overcome objections, and create value added customer solutions is required.
- Strong business development skills, including collaborating and influencing senior level government decision makers is required.
- Ability to analyze existing conditions in a facility, complex issues related to contracts, equipment design and operation, and environmental concerns as they relate to customer requirements and develop cost effective, innovative engineering solutions to non-routine problems.
- Must be able to develop multiple recommendations to problems allowing customers a choice of solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or relative Engineering degree, Sustainability discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in developing, and managing energy programs is required. A minimum of 7 years of professional sales is required.
- Certified Energy Manager Designation or other energy and/or sustainability certifications are preferred.
- Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications, this may be lower than this posting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.