Senior Civil/Structural Engineer II
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer II
Provide civil and structural engineering expertise to support operations, maintenance, and capital improvements at client plants and facilities. Major practice areas include: Structural analysis and design, building engineering, bridge engineering, dam engineering, geotechnical engineering, transmission engineering, pipe and equipment support design, and general civil engineering (storm water management systems, water supply, sanitary sewers, etc.). Specific skill requirements will depend on the practice area for which expertise is needed in the department.
- Uses creativity, foresight, experience and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems.
- Serves as a senior technical specialist in a particular practice area within Civil Engineering. Applies a thorough knowledge of principles, practices, methods, and advanced concepts in the area of specialization and in related areas of practice.
- Keeps informed of new methods and developments in his or her area of expertise. Recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of programs.
- Leads multidisciplinary engineering teams to complete complex projects.
- Interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates assignments.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
- Reviews tasks undertaken by others in the group and provides guidance during project initiation and scoping as to project organization and goals.
- Prepares scopes of work and requests for proposals for outside consultants on complex projects. Directs and reviews work of consultants on such projects.
- Leads efforts to evaluate and select vendors, consultants and contractors through the appropriate contract administration procedures as needed.
- Understands the Authority's policies, operations and objectives to solve complex engineering problems and make technical decisions on methods and obstacles.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
- Extensive technical/professional knowledge in area of specialty acquired through progressive experience.
- Deep understanding of construction processes, particularly within the utility industry.
- Ability to represent Client and maintain liaison with individuals, related organizations, and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Ability to lead project meetings.
- Demonstrated abilities that illustrate initiative, communications, problem solving, adaptability and planning & organization/work management.
- Awareness of changes and advancement in the utility industry.
- Ability to apply appropriate project monitoring and control mechanisms.
- Commercial/financial awareness
- Ability and willingness to mentor others in support of Client's succession planning efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Master's degree preferred
- Professional Engineer License, New York State
- Minimum 15 years of experience in civil/structural engineering and design, preferably in utility industry
- Approximately 25% travel primarily within NY State.
- Ability to access all areas of the plant and conduct physical evaluations of grounds and equipment including ability to climb and work at high elevations and in confined spaces, walk a significant distance, sometimes on uneven ground, and perform occasional minor lifting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.