Senior Data Scientist
|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Senior Data Scientist
The Senior Data Scientist - Growth Analytics is responsible for developing predictive and prescriptive analytics models, creating efficient algorithms and innovating use of data to support client Sales, Marketing, Voice-of-Customer and Medical Affairs teams. The Senior Data Scientist will work closely with the rest of the Analytics team, IT, and internal business partners to identify, evaluate, design, and implement statistical analyses and data exploration/visualization of internal and external, structured, and unstructured data.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Master or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Statistics, or a similar computational/quantitative field is preferred
- Minimum of five years' experience required, a Master's degree and/or internships can substitute for work experience
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing and analyzing large data and making program recommendations based on that data is required, experience with healthcare data is desirable
- Experience and knowledge of health care claims data is preferred
- Experience working within an healthcare organization
- Experience with Python and/or R is required. Experience with SAS or similar modeling tool is highly desirable
- Experience working with Tableau or similar reporting/data visualization tool is required
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Pig, HBase is required
- Experience working with Amazon's AWS big data services like EMR, Redshift, EC2 is desirable
- Experience in using machine learning and predictive modeling techniques is required
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and strong analytical skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be computer literate with strong skills in MS Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to understand and analyze complex business problems and apply cost effective solutions
- Strong staff development, leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to assume responsibility and maintain confidentiality
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.