Senior Director Business Intelligence Analytics
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Senior Director Business Intelligence Analytics
The Senior Director Business Intelligence Analytics plays an integral part in shaping the direction and on-going strategy for the organization. The role requires a visionary who will engage with business leaders across the organization to formulate and analyze operational and financial data in innovative ways to demonstrate risk-reward trade-offs, identify opportunities for business efficiency and growth. The Senior Director assumes a leadership role in developing and executing strategic, quantitative and technological solutions to support robust decision making, and leads and oversees the Risk/Business Intelligence and Analytics team within Risk Management department.
The ideal candidate will assert themselves as a thought leader and quickly become a 'go-to' resource for gaining insight from operational and financial information. The role requires an analytics leader, to have an ability to turn analytics and data into action, and to lead a team of professionals as they find and exploit value from risk based data and deliver value to the business.
- Deliver analytical, data-driven solutions which add measurable and specific business value.
- Collaborate with the strategy team which develops and drives business strategy and organizational vision and direction.
- Lead and participate in the development and on-going support of ris- based predictive models and decisioning platforms in support of the business goals and objectives.
- Lead and participate in the on-going development and support of enterprise-level reporting, dashboards, scorecards, and multidimensional data analysis solutions
- Collaborate and engage with the enterprise Data Analytics team.
- Formulate and align BI Analytic capability to broad corporate and specific business unit strategies.
- Continuously take a forward-looking view by researching, validating and proposing new and industry best-practice technical and functional solutions. Encourage the business to think beyond current practices and boundaries.
- Employ advanced tools and techniques (decision science, probability, statistics and/or applied mathematics) to deliver innovative thinking and best-in-class solutions.
- Drive option-based thinking and develop various real-option models as necessary.
- Collaborate with business leaders to enhance the existing data warehouse and ensure that analytics initiatives are properly supported and incorporated within the BI platform.
- Communicate and promote the BI Analytics mission, objectives and strategy across the entire organization.
- Work closely with Business users and other team members to clearly understand the business needs and translate into detailed technical requirements.
- Analyze complex and undefined problems and consider the best solution.
- Proven ability to leverage data, quantitative analysis and advanced analytics to deliver actionable insights, guide strategic decisions and directly drive business results.
- Proven experience developing and supporting an enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence platform.
- Proven experience with financial analysis and costing methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of machine learning, statistical practices and the construction of models and algorithms to drive decision making.
- Ability to deliver insight to internal or external business owners by building on a technical foundation that includes an understanding of modeling techniques and a strong grasp of statistics
- Strong expertise in statistical modeling tools such as R and Python.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage and perform tasks/processes that involve multi-departmental issues and personnel.
- Ability to identify and analyze critical issues and activities and draw conclusions and formulate recommended solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess a strong aptitude in development and testing techniques.
- Passion for learning new technical tools and business concepts.
- Able to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Highly organized and motivated with effective time/project management skills; able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Diligent, meticulous, self-reliant, flexible, creative, good judgement.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance math or computer science.
- Masters in data analytics, data modeling, data science or statistics (or related field) is highly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a leadership role in Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence or quantitative risk modeling.
- Experience in developing and deploying complex, new analytics and driving business insight and innovative strategic directions.
- Experience in Enterprise Commodity Risk Management Platforms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.