Senior Director Config Control & Deputy CISO
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Senior Director Config & Deputy CISO
This position, reporting to the Vice President of Critical services and Chief Information Security Officer, is responsible for leading and managing daily cyber risk and network monitoring teams. These teams provide continual detection and response for cyber security threats and information technology incidents. This role directs a team of professionals who are responsible for operational delivery of cyber threat monitoring. In addition, this position is responsible for developing and managing strong strategic relationships with internal senior leaders in Audit, Technical Compliance, Legal, Information Technology, and Operations. This position has a very wide expanse of key relationships across client. The individual must demonstrate solid leadership, relationship management, and collaboration competencies. This role also oversees Information Technology's adoption and standards for ITSM.
- Develop & oversee and operational ITSM activities including vision, goals & objectives.
- Partner with IT functions and business teams to create and maintain a holistic view of services to ensure effective delivery, management, and improvement of defined services.
- Establish and continually improve cyber security and monitoring strategies, goals, policies, and metrics aligned with company strategy and goals.
- Lead the organizational development and execution of the security & monitoring strategy.
- Monitor systems and grants to protect systems and data against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction.
- Direct and coordinate all aspects of security and monitoring by establishing priorities for upgrades, implementation, and maintenance.
- Continuously monitor & improve processes like incident response, problem management, capacity management, change management.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by continuously measuring customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with company and industry policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Maintain threat & vulnerability programs to reduce operational risk and improve resiliency.
- Support operational resiliency with documented incident plans and response procedures.
- Monitor published Service Level Agreements for quality and delivery.
- Plan, prepare, establish, and monitor Capital and O&M budgets by forecasting and monitoring annual spending.
- Develop staff by establishing performance goals, allocating resources, assessing annual performance, and determining individual merit, incentive, and/or promotional increases.
- Promote effective relationships and cooperation between IT, OT, and business units.
- Follow and guide team in proper use of all published policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ensure that teams adhere to all ITSM processes including problem determination procedures, trouble shooting processes, ticket creation, timely and detailed ticket updates, escalation and notification processes, and closure within the specific resolution.
- Remain current with new technologies and techniques within the industry.
- Proven management and technical delivery experience. Ability to oversee delivery of technical projects to completion; self-driven with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills, excellent organization skills and attention to detail. Ability to collaborate and identify/resolve conflicts or barriers to effective teamwork.
- Results-oriented with ability to lead the team in building and managing the next generation infrastructure solutions.
- Ability to work with limited direction and supervision to identify, enhance, and meet Information Technology and overall company goals.
- Ability to manage and work with outside service providers, including the ability to work in an environment driven by service level metrics. Ability to understand and operate within the terms of a service contract.
- Ability to plan and execute procurement efforts of technologies, applications, services, and other related tasks as applicable to competitive bidding procedures, RFP generation and bid evaluation, contract negotiations, and vendor management.
- Demonstrate strong ethics, influence, negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress.
- Manage confidentiality, integrity and availability risks appropriately - aligned with company goals, strategies, policies, and requirements.
- Establish, plan, and administer the overall goals and direction for 24x7 IT infrastructure and operations.
- Effectively drive achievement of business goals with cross functional and cross business leaders, ability to drive change through influence.
- Demonstrated skills in budget preparation and fiscal management, including leadership in service quality, and efficiency.
- Oversee and drive the implementation of key IT and business IT infrastructure initiatives.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with key business partners and technology vendors.
- Develop strategic direction and long-term roadmap for IT infrastructure and operations.
- Develop business continuity strategy for support of critical IT services to meet required SLA's.
- Assess the relative impact of industry trends to current and future infrastructure needs within client.
- Provide technical strategic and operational assistance to client sites for infrastructure technologies so that client sites remain in-line with enterprise technology goals and standards.
- Prioritize and multi-task across all areas of infrastructure and operations to meet business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/presentation and written communications skills in both technical and non-technical language.
- Ability to effectively communicate with varying levels of management and staff in both the business and in IT.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Management, Computer Science, or a related field required and or extensive industry and role experience (15+).
- Master's Degree in business or technology desired.
- 5-7 years progressive managerial experience with information systems and significant, demonstrated skills in data center operations, network equipment, and protocols and telecommunication technology.
- Experience in DevOps, cloud computing and production processes that promote confidence in IT support of business operations.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with Information Technology Service Management.
- Experience in change management - driving improvements in team performance, culture and maturity.
- Desired certifications CISM, CISA, CRISC or a certification in project management, ITSM, networking or other applicable capabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.