Senior Director Operational Risk
|Location:||White Plain, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Senior Director Operational Risk
Client is looking for an innovative leader with insights and deep understanding of operational risks in the energy industry. This leader will have a can-do attitude and ability to operate in a fast moving environment. The role involves good understanding of energy commodity market dynamics. Improving business performance, turning risk and compliance efforts into opportunities, and creating, enhancing and preserving value are at the core of risk management efforts at client. This candidate will interact with our plant operations and commercial operations team enabling them to develop winning strategies by making risk based decisions.
The Senior Director Operational Risk identifies and assesses operational risks of client based on a risk framework aligned to industry standards such ISO 31000. She/he also ensures appropriate mitigation of risks that exceed company's tolerance limits.
The Senior Director Operational Risk is responsible for improving business performance, turning risk and compliance efforts into opportunities, and creating, enhancing and preserving value at the core of risk management efforts.
The Senior Director Interacts with plant operations and commercial operations, teams enabling them to develop winning strategies by making risk based decisions.
- Reporting into the Chief Risk Officer, the Sr. Director of Operational Risk is expected to advise the relevant client teams on matters relating to the enablement of risk management capabilities across the spectrum of market, credit and operational risk
- Define capabilities to address risk and performance management
- Manage risk exposure and performance measurement, aggregation and attribution, regulatory and economic capital allocation, limits and limit monitoring and management, reporting and ad hoc analysis, specifically an integrated risk and performance management framework, and workflow around consistent application of policy throughout the enterprise
- Responsible for working with subject matter professionals in key areas of risk management to define critical gaps in capability, design a recommended future state, and outline an implementation strategy including process, data, information management, analytics, reporting and technology
- Oversee various consultants when required including managing various facets of engagement including risk management, project acceptance, billing, delivery, and collections
- Continuous improvement with regard to development and implementation of an industry leading operational risk framework Regularly communicate with relevant leadership, provides a dashboard view of risk for management review.
- Experience working in and around the buy-side and sell-sides, brokerage and banking solving data issues for the risk management functions including market, credit and/or operational risk
- In depth understanding of energy commodity market dynamics.
- Critical experience and background in data management
- Strong background in modeling
- Knowledge of risk management software systems in the GRC and Commodity Risk Management space
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, project management, and business development
- Well established understanding of business dynamics and regulations
- Established network of industry contacts and business development opportunities
Education, Experience and Certifications
- 7-10 years of relevant experience with five years of utility industry experience and demonstrated understanding of various asset classes especially structured products; knowledge of regulatory compliance
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university; Master's degree from an accredited college/university preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.