Senior Project Specialist - NY Energy Manager
|Location:||White Plains, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a direct-hire opportunity with our client in White Plains, NY for a Senior Project Specialist-NY Energy Manager
- The Senior Project Specialist will design approaches for working with large quantity of customer energy data, assist clients to make the data analysis actionable, and devise energy reduction strategies. Develop and perform optimized client services for targeted customer buildings and achieve sustained energy savings while increasing energy efficiency. Perform audits and detailed analysis on energy performance data, system level, and device level data flowing from interval meters, building management systems (Client), and other Network control systems to assist in identifying energy savings opportunities.
- Under BuildSmart NY and per Executive Order 88 of 2012, client is tasked with supporting state agency buildings to accomplish 20% reduction in energy consumption by 2020. NY Energy Manager will serve as a statewide data management l hub for continuous monitoring, analysis, forecasting, and management of customer energy supply, consumption and costs. NY Energy Manager will help reduce customer energy usage and costs overall by improving facility operations and maintenance, identifying cost-effective energy efficiency measures, and potentially reducing peak demand.
- Develop strategic implementation plans for the advancement of the NY Energy Manager initiative.
- Develop strategic energy management support solutions for customers, and identify and procure supplemental third party analytical software solutions
- Collaborate with client procurement professionals to identify appropriate firms in the market and issue solicitations toward the procurement of third party program management consulting services.
- Manage consultant projects across multiple disciplines; review status reports for all assigned projects and identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities. Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Perform detailed analysis on energy performance data such as monthly utility data, system level, and device level data flowing from interval meters, building energy management, and control systems to assist in identifying energy savings opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Senior Engineer on the integration of sub-meter data with the NY Energy Manager data platform.
- Provide detailed technical analysis of sub-meter data to identify energy savings opportunities that can be realized through building optimization, operations and maintenance.
- Actively participate in meetings with state agencies/authorities, the Governor's Office and other stakeholders by developing and conducting presentations regarding the overall progress of the NY Energy Manager project.
- Lead the data management process supporting the annual reporting for Executive Order 88 compliance by managing the maintenance of records, and tracking the status of energy efficiency projects at state agencies.
- Monitor and track submittals from state agencies to ensure timely compliance with EO 88 requirements.
- Prepare reports, as requested by Senior Management, measuring and highlighting program performance to date.
- Support client management in planning, developing and managing the ongoing expansion of the overall scope of NY Energy Manager.
- Effectively apply leading project management methods and enforce project standards to effectively minimize exposure and risk on projects
- Work with the NY Energy Manager group and the Energy Efficiency group to streamline and improve efficiency of electronic processes and procedures.
- Work with investor owned utilities to develop protocols and procedures for electronic transfer of utility billing data.
- Consult with customers and monitor the implementation of data support services; maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Provide business support and foster the development of communication and accountability mechanisms aimed at accelerating energy efficiency in state government agencies across New York State
- Represent client and NYS at meetings, conferences and industry forums on topics related to NY Energy Manager
- Strong customer outreach, strategic planning and program management skills are required, team oriented approach to project management is required to plan, execute and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Strong understanding of customer relationship building strategy required
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Incumbent must possess the ability to organize information and effectively present ideas to the intended audience.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio and Project) are required
- A command of energy accounting, utility data analysis, and established and emerging energy management tools and techniques.
- An understanding of the electric utility and energy services industries required
- Strong ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Ability to communicate complex and technical information to a diverse, non-technical audience in a comprehensible manner, including client senior management
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish with only significant and policy decisions being brought to the supervisor.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and managerial skills are required
- Understanding of basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Project Management, or a related Sustainability discipline is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Energy Management, Public Administration or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience of some combination of energy data management, customer outreach, and strategic management required
- Strong experience and familiarity with the New York energy/utility industry is preferred.
- Approximately 10% to 15% travel, primarily within NY State
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.