Software Support Specialist
|Location:||Schenectady, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time opportunity with our client in Schenectady, NY for a Software Support Specialist.
As a member of the Support Team in the Client Services Department, the Software Support Specialist assists clients in the use of company software and troubleshoots technical issues that result through the installation, implementation and use of that software. They also assist internal clients with software and hardware-related questions and issues. The right candidate has a strong client-centric focus, strives to provide a superior client experience and possesses an aptitude for learning new software applications quickly and thoroughly. The Software Support Specialist is a highly technical individual that works cooperatively in a team environment, and contributes to the growth and success of their clients, their peers, their department, and the company.
- Promote an atmosphere that encourages collaboration, optimism and dedication.
- Answers and documents client calls from a phone queue through CRM and ticket tracking software.
- Communicates with clients while tracking progress on client issues.
- Resolves issues efficiently and effectively or determines escalation path when necessary.
- Researches issues of varying complexity while working to resolve them and communicate progress with the client.
- Installs and upgrades software on client workstations and servers.
- Assists and/or participates in the training of external and internal clients in an online or onsite training environment, including but not limited to conferences.
- Develops product and troubleshooting documentation to expand team and company knowledge.
- Suggests, analyzes, and implements processes, and/or suggests improvements.
- Provides product improvement feedback.
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- 2+ years experience supporting software products.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to independently research problems/questions and find answers.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to complex situations and varying personalities.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to type quickly and accurately while speaking.
- Additional consideration will be given to individuals with experience in the following areas
- Crystal Reports
- IIS/Web servers
- Citrix/Hosted environments
- Active Directory
- MS SQL Server
- Network Administration
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.