System Architect II
|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a System Architect II
System Architect II is responsible for the research and design of the physical and virtual computing infrastructure. The System Architect II will participate in a variety of activities, including researching emerging technologies, defining requirements; assessing server, storage, workstation and infrastructure sizing; analyzing hardware and virtual configurations to meet application requirements; and designing load balancing and clustering solutions. They are required to prepare architectural design documentation, including diagrams and inventories.
Specifically, the System Architect II requires:
- Knowledge of designing, implementing, and troubleshooting servers, storage, workstation and all their components.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex server/storage architectures.
- Ability to perform technical analysis of hardware/ software of enterprise class server and storage architectures.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required. Communicate technical ideas in writing and in group presentations clearly and precisely.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to provide day to day support for data server/storage infrastructure supporting voice, data video conferencing, unified communications and collaboration systems and customers.
- Ability plan, design and implement server/storage systems, including configurations. Has the ability to support/ troubleshoot server/storage problems.
- Develop system enterprise solutions to monitor server/storage performance and measurement methods.
- Microsoft Operating Systems (server and workstation)
- VMware (Required)
- Storage Technologies (SAN, Solid State, SVC)
- Exchange / Outlook
- Microsoft System Center Operation Manager
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Microsoft System Service Manager
- Active Directory / ADSF
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.