Tech Field Support III
|Location:||Albany, New York|
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has a full-time/direct-hire opportunity with our client in Albany, NY for a Help Desk- (Tech Field Support III)
The Tech Field Support provides onsite and remote support for all complex and in person support needs. The Tech Field Support will take ownership of issues escalated to them by Help Desk Techs and work to resolution utilizing all skills, experience, training, documentation and resources at their disposal. The Tech Field Support escalates and notifies Information Services employees appropriately according to documented standard operating procedures. The Tech Field Support is responsible for an exemplary customer service experience for all client employees during their interaction with the client Help Desk. The Tech Field Support acts as a liaison between the customers and Information Services to resolve any issue that is reported, and will fulfill any project based or new requests that are assigned to them in the documented timelines.
* Minimum of an Associate's degree, preferably in a math, science, or technology related field of study.
* 5 to 9 years of experience.
* Ability to fulfill installations, upgrades, testing, and/or support requests for hardware, systems and applications - this includes knowledge of best practices for application and infrastructure architecture.
* Ability to apply application and system documentation to a scenario to troubleshoot and resolve a reported issue, as well as determine when new issues arise and escalate them appropriately.
* Ability to communicate and participate in ad-hoc and non-standard requests.
* Incorporates proper customer service standards into daily workflow and ensures that all interactions with Albany Med employees, both verbal and written, exceed the minimum. Ability to document issues and escalate/notify others according to documented process.
* Ability to adhere to documented process and documentation, but utilize knowledge, experience, and training to resolve issues that are not documented.
* Ability to effectively recommend, document, communicate, implement, and sustain improvements in processes, procedures, and operations that improve the function of a help desk.
* Demonstrated support experience and knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Active Directory, business applications and computer hardware.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, healthcare, or financial and billing processes
is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.